Hillary Sabourin ’15 Posted on October 31st, 2014 by

HillarySabourinTell us a little bit about yourself: I am from Gatineau, Quebec, Canada. I am an only child. I love languages! So I guess learning languages is a hobby of mine. I am a gymnast here at Gustavus. I am a french tutor here at Gustavus. I am also part of the Pan-Afrikan Student Organisation, and was co-chair of the Our Story Conference. I am also part of the International Cultures Club.

Why did you choose Education? I always knew that I wanted to be a teacher. It was a dream of mine since I was a little girl. I chose education for that reason, as well as the fact that I want to help future generations to gain knowledge as well as continuing to gain knowledge for myself. I can gain as much from my students as they can gain from me, and I like that fact.

What are your career goals or plans after graduation? I am still in the process of deciding what I want to do after graduation. I am still considering going to Graduate School in either ESL or Disability Services, but I might get a few years of experience before that. My future career goals are to travel the world by teaching around the world and gaining cultural experiences.