Nicole Schwarz ’15 Posted on November 21st, 2014 by

nicoleschwarzTell us a little bit about yourself: My name is Nicole Schwarz and I am a Social Studies Teaching and History double major. I am originally from Andover, MN, where I have lived my entire life before coming to Gustavus. Growing up, I lived with both of my parents, my brothers Matt & Ben, and my dogs Chester and Bella. Matt and Ben are both in the military, living in various places around the world. In my spare time I love to read, go for walks, spend time with my friends, and travel.

Why did you choose Education? I chose to study Education, because I have a passion for learning and I want to share that with the younger generation. I also want to be in a position to encourage students to find the things that they are excited about in life and pursue their goals. I chose to teach Social Studies specifically, because although it has not always been my strongest subject, it is the one I have enjoyed the most and one that I think is especially important for creating great citizens.

What are your career goals or plans after graduation? Like many students, after I graduate I hope to find a job. Initially, I plan to substitute as much as possible, being I will be done part way through the school year and then begin looking for full time positions for the next school year. One long term goal is to go back to school and get my masters degree.