Kayla Traetow ’15 Posted on December 12th, 2014 by

kaylatraetowTell us a little bit about yourself: I am from Sherburn, MN small town 15 miles north of the Iowa border. My parents names are Judy and David. I have two siblings- a sister Danielle and a brother Jon. My sister has three wonderful boys who I am proud to be there aunt. I have two yellow labs Buster and Ellie. I enjoy gardening, playing and coaching volleyball, walking the dogs, being outside, fishing,  reading, watching tv, and hanging out with friends and family.

Why did you choose Education? Education runs in the family and I have strong passion for it. I believe anyone can learn, we all just learn in different ways so trying to find what style fits your students the best! Children always say the funniest things anyways!

What are your career goals or plans after graduation? I graduate in December. I am planning on subbing in my hometown school district for the rest of school year which hopefully will lead to a full time teaching position next year. I also would like to go back to school or take classes online for special education or counselling and do that for awhile. I would like to end my career in administration or back here at GAC in the education program as a professor to help teach the future teachers! I plan to have a family and live on lake with a huge garden someday and be happy!!